We answer your questions here.
"I can't do Yoga. I tried a few classes and felt like a klutz."
Have you always wanted to do Yoga, but can’t feature yourself in some of the poses you see on the covers of magazines? Do you think you’re not young/thin/flexible enough to do Yoga? Have you tried group classes that were too fast or painful for you? Or maybe you’ve done Yoga for years, but now have an injury, so you can’t take your regular class?
With proper instruction – and the skillful choice and adaptation of postures – everyone can receive the great benefits of Yoga. Master teacher Deborah Quilter will show you how to make the pose fit you instead of you struggling to fit the pose. You will also learn postures that are good for your personal situation so that you can build a home practice. This approach to Yoga heals, and makes you feel good!
Finally, a Yoga program for people who "can't do Yoga!"
Who can this approach benefit?
- People who love Yoga but can’t keep up with traditional classes because they have suffered an injury or illness , or need more time to feel their way into a pose.
- People who have never practiced yoga because they think they can’t do it.
- People who think they are too old or too inflexible to practice yoga.
- People who want a slower class so they can focus on what they’re doing rather than trying to keep up with everyone else.
- People who need a highly experienced and skillful teacher because of a medical condition.
- Men, because they feel at a natural disadvantage regarding flexibility.
- Women who are caregivers and need rejuvenation and relaxation.
Will you speak with my doctor or physical therapist?
Absolutely! We love being part of your treating team.
Have other questions?
You can book a 15-minute telephone consultation to answer your question.